Thursday, May 7, 2009

Arbitrary Double Features

I saw these odd combinations only because they were playing at the Lennox theater on the same day. In rough chronological order:


The Legend of Drunken Master/Best In Show--I think we originally wanted to see just "Best In Show," which was sold out. Some of the group decided to see a painful double feature of "Little Nicky" and "Best In Show." (Painful only because of the first movie, of course.)

Monsters, Inc./The One--I saw these films with my old roommate John "Mike" Holmes. "Monsters, Inc." had "Episode II" and "Finding Nemo" teasers.

Hulk/The Italian Job--I needed something to cleanse the palate after the excruciating "Hulk."

Drumline/Die Another Day--We packed a lunch.

Femme Fatale/Punch-Drunk Love--Kickass films, both.

28 Days Later/Finding Nemo--Jarring, to say the least. This was the second screening of "Nemo" for me/first for roommate Kellie.

Million Dollar Baby/Assault on Precinct 13--Both complete duds. I walked out of the latter after about an hour.


Jay and I have tickets from the old Mansfield Cinemark 10 theater (now the dollar theater) for "Rugrats: The Movie." We stayed only for the "Episode I" teaser trailer (NERD!) and then walked across the hall to see "Antz."

The subsequent full trailer for "Episode I" is the only reason I've seen the entirety of "Wing Commander."

I'm glad those "Star Wars" prequels were worth the wait!


Jet Li, upon finding out I didn't pay to see "The One."

1 comment:

Jay said...

Awesome! I so remember going to see the trailer. I think we were the only people in the theater who wasn't a kid or a parent. Antz was well worth the price of admission.